ALDER CREEK SOLAR PROJECT PROFILE
Apex Clean Energy of Charlottesville, Virginia, is developing Alder Creek Solar, a 150-200 MW facility that is expected to generate enough energy to power up to 21,000 homes. Situated in towns of Forestport and Boonville, Oneida County, adjacent to existing transmission lines on remote private land, the location is highly suitable for a solar energy project.
A Clean Economic Opportunity for Oneida County
Alder Creek Solar offers a new source of economic development with long-term local and state tax revenue for schools, government services, and public infrastructure. The power from Alder Creek Solar will be delivered into the local New York electrical grid, helping to diversify New York’s energy portfolio.
Solar power is one of the most cost-effective sources of electricity available today, and its ability to generate power at peak times helps reduce electricity costs for all consumers.
In addition to creating direct and indirect jobs during construction and operations, Alder Creek Solar will create opportunities for companies seeking to open new locations in areas with access to renewable power to expand into Oneida County.
Local Economic Benefits
• Enough power for about 21,000 U.S. homes (150-200 MW)
• Over 30 years of annual revenue for Oneida County, averaging over $400,000 per year
• Taxpayers are protected against decommissioning costs
• Existing high-voltage power lines limit the need for new infrastructure
• Low panel height limits visibility to neighbors and nearby roads